Vegan "Cheddar" Garlic Drop Biscuits
What's up fam!
I'm back + welcoming 2018 with a new recipe.
- 2 c Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (can sub maple syrup or cane sugar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 TBS vegan butter or coconut oil, divided (solid)
- 1 c vegan cheddar (recipe for this coming soon, too!)
- 1 1/4 c Non-dairy Milk
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 TBS chopped parsley
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients thoroughly. Cut in 6 TBS vegan butter/coconut oil until most chunks are about the size of a pea. Add in the cheezeeee. Mix. Combine the Milk + ACV, then add them to the mix and stir until well combined.
Scoop biscuits (about 3 tbs worth of dough) onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. They should be golden brown but still tender.
While they're baking - Melt 2 TBS vegan butter, minced garlic, maple syrup, chopped parsley and set aside.
Once the biscuits come out of the oven coat them generously with garlic butter mixture until it's all used up.
Thank me later.