Easy Seed Crackers
Preheat oven to 250 degrees f.
In a bowl, combine:
- 1/4-1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of ground flaxseed ( I like golden)
- 1/2 cup of whole flaxseed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (raw)
- 1/4 cup of raw quinoa (soaked/sprouted is best)
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds ( I used black
- 1.5 teaspoon of pink salt salt
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 3/4 cup of water
combine all ingredients into a bowl. adjust seasonings to taste.
Divide mixture evenly and spread thinly (with wet hands) onto two lined baking sheets. The thinner the better. Aim for less than a 1/4 inch. Bake for 1.5 to 2 hours or until crisp. Enjoy with dip, nut or seed cheese, or cheese sauce for superfood nachos!
Great source of omegas, protein + healthy fats for kids + adults.
Store in an airtight container.
* for spice add 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper.
* for less cheezy flavor reduce nutritional yeast to 1/4 cup
* feel free to swap out any seeds you like. Make sure you keep the chia / flax as they hold the crackers together. This recipe is very forgiving, so follow your intuition + have fun!